Venger Tactical Self-Protection Carbine Course (VSPCC-1) Level 1. May 13, 2023. Heartland Shooting Park, Grand Island, NE.
Civilian Carbine Course: This course is 7-8 hours long. Whether you are rusty, or new to using a carbine, this course is for you. This course will improve a shooter’s defensive or counter-offensive marksmanship. The day will start with Carbine and Pistol Marksmanship, leading into “shooting while moving” and an intro to position and barricade shooting. Then we will continue with using those shooting skills and positions to shoot around barricades and applying that lesson to shooting around obstacles you find around you in a gunfight and using them to your advantage. The day will conclude with shooting through different types of glass, so you know the capabilities of your ammo. By the end of this course, you will increase your proficiency with your carbine and your handgun and gain great confidence. During this course you will be put through training scenarios to help you take confident shots under stressful conditions within close proximity of fellow citizens. Ammo Count is 200 pistol ammo and 400 carbine ammunition. Course will be from 9 am – 5 pm on May 13, 2023 in Grand Island, NE. A week to 10 days before the course we will email you a welcome letter with location details. The course will take place at Grand Island's own Heartland Shooting Park. If there are any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The price of this course is $150.
Come see the difference between experience and theory!
This course has a difficulty rating of moderate. Students should be capable of getting into and out of kneeling, sitting and prone positions, and moving at a brisk pace through several outdoor drills.
- Basic & Intermediate carbine marksmanship
- Shooting positions
- Transition drills: (from carbine to pistol)
- Shooting multiple active killer targets
- Target acquisition and discrimination
- Moving and shooting
- Timed drills
- Malfunction drills
- Strong side/Support side shooting
- Glass study: different types of glass will be shot to show effects of your rounds on glass
- Considerations of shooting through glass
- Considerations of using a vehicle as cover
- Carbine (ie: AR15 or similar) with single point or two-point sling (sling must allow for a smooth transition)
- Semi-automatic pistol of 9mm or larger caliber
- Strong-side holster and at least a single magazine pouch
- 3 x carbine magazines with as high capacity as you can legally have
- 3 x pistol magazines with as high capacity as you can legally have.
- Carbine ammo pouch: Kydex, nylon etc. that can be attached to your belt.
- Belt: Strong and sturdy.
- Eye and ear protection: Clear and tinted eye pro/electronic ear pro is recommended to hear instructors.
- Tactical gloves (optional but recommended).
- Knee and Elbow pads (optional but recommended
- Lunch and snacks (we will have bottled water on site).
- Camp chair is recommended.
- 400 rounds of carbine ammo (5.56/.223/7.62x39/22LR) and 100 rounds of pistol ammo.
*We are shooting steel so no M855 ammo or any steel core.
*We are capping the attendance at 10.
*We have some equipment we can loan too. So, email us.
*We have 2 x ARs and 2 x Pistols for rent. Pistols are $30 and ARs are $50 a day.